While much smaller than some of the UK’s major cities, Reading offers businesses just as much, at a more affordable rate.
Featuring inexpensive office space and one of the busiest national interchanges in Britain with direct routes to almost anywhere in the UK, Reading is the ideal place to grow your business.
Heathrow Airport is just 30 minutes away and businesses can enjoy easy access to London without the congestion and price tag attached.
With some of the biggest names in technology and insurance on your doorstep, there is no shortage of networking opportunities to be had.
With all this, and its emerging office market, it is no surprise that Reading has been named one of the top ten cities driving the UK’s economy.
A closer look at Reading
The most popular areas in Reading for office space are:
- Home to a host of small businesses along the high street
- Features large business parks including Theale Business Park, Theale Technology Centre and Arlington Business Park
- Offers office space beside its railway station on the London to Exeter line, allowing for easy access in and out.
- Centered 5 miles southwest of Reading Town Centre
- Long associated with pubs and the brewing trade
- Hosts large names in commerce including PepsiCo, RBS and Wrigleys
- An eco business park featuring the UK’s most visible wind turbine, making it a great place for Earth-conscious businesses
- 195 acres of commercial real estate and business community
- Offers beautiful, green surroundings and places to take lunch
- Is home to both global names such as Cisco and Carson and Co as well as smaller, niche companies
- Close to junction 11 of the M4 highway, so is easy to access for both workers and clients
- The Town Centre is home to a range of different companies in technology, insurance and finance including Prudential and Yell
- Offers businesses fast train links directly into London
- It is the town’s main retail hub, with Broad Street at its centre
- Features major department stores such as John Lewis, Debenhams and House of Fraser
For more information on the current state of the UK serviced office market check out our UK Flexible Workspace Review 2016.