Melbourne is one of the largest metropolitan areas in Australia and is a popular spot for office space, with a very competitive market.
Top priorities for businesses looking to move into Melbourne include the right type of space, a CBD presence, and international transport links.
Betty Chen, Instant Offices’ specialist local consultant for the region recommends the Financial or Law district in the CBD for their central position, good transport network and notable location.
The prices in Melbourne vary a lot depending on location; the CBD is the most expensive area to rent, and office space is usually priced per room rather than per workstation.
We mainly offer business owners private suites in the city, but also supply a great variety of office sizes, with a choice of providers to cater for all requirements.
Why choose Melbourne?
Melbourne is an internationally recognised city, the leading financial sector for the Australia and Asia-Pacific region.
With diverse financial and industrial areas and well connected transport links, Melbourne is the largest business, as well as residential area, in the municipality.
The city was also recently named one of the most liveable cities in the world, making it an ideal area for businesses looking to set up in Australia.
Five things you probably didn’t know about Melbourne:
- World-famous “Aussie” beer Fosters was first brewed in Melbourne in 1888 – by brothers from the USA, William and Ralph Foster
- The tramway system in Melbourne is the largest outside of Europe
- Before changing to its current name the city was called Batmania, after colonist farmer John Batman who landed in Port Philip Bay in May 1835
- Australian Rules Football was invented in Melbourne in 1858 by Tom Wills and friends as a way to keep cricketers fit during the off-season
- In 1956 Melbourne became the first host of the Olympic Games outside of Europe and North America