Tokyo remains one of the most expensive places in the world to rent office space with the average workstation rate continuing to increase over the last couple of years.
While these high rents have meant relatively modest growth in the office market recently, Instant Offices currently advertise office space in around half of the 23 individual wards that make up Tokyo.
Prices in Tokyo currently start from around JAP60000 and can rise to around JAP120000, per person, month for executive suites.
When looking at executive suites keep in mind that these costs usually cover a variety of amenities and as such can offer great value for money and lower outgoings.
Instant Offices currently have over 70 different locations in Tokyo available and as such are able to accommodate most inquiries, from one person through to 100 or more depending on the specifics.
Most of the inquiries we see currently are for entire office suites but the number of coworking options are really start to increase.
Five things you probably didn't know about Tokyo:
- In terms of population the Greater Tokyo Area is the largest in the world; second in terms of urban landmass
- Rush hour can be rather chaotic in Tokyo and the city employs Oshiya or ‘pushers’ to literally push people onto crowded trains
- Tokyo has a reputation for gourmet food backed up by the fact it has by far the most Michelin starred restaurants in the world
- While Tokyo is a global city, English is not widely spoken
- Tsukiji Market, in Chūō City is the largest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world and is a major tourist attraction for domestic and overseas visitors alike