Calgary is becoming an increasingly popular location for serviced offices in Canada. The market continues to grow, with new industries flourishing in Downtown Calgary as well as surrounding areas. Top priorities for businesses looking to move to Calgary include professional connections, location and industry type.
Jessica Colson, Instant’s specialist local consultant for the Calgary region suggests the Downtown Commercial Core for renting office space. The area is populated with leaders in a number of industries and it has a range of connected office spaces available - perfect for networking.
The cost of office space in Calgary varies depending on area and size of accommodation. The average price per workstation, per month, in each area is:
Because of the high density of corporate buildings, Calgary has an assortment of different office spaces available for big and small businesses. Spaces can range from 100 sq. ft. to 1,000 sq. ft. for mini suites and team rooms.
Instant Offices offer a great variety of office type and sizes, and are able to accommodate most inquiries. Executive suite providers can be flexible, meaning that you can downscale or upscale to suit your business growth.
Why choose Calgary?
With a high GDP, Calgary is one of Canada’s most economically successful cities. It is a leader in the oil and energy sectors and as such, is the ideal location for both small and large businesses in the industry to rub shoulders. Its increasingly diversified economy means that the city also supports mini-hubs for a number of different industries. Because of these strengths, the Globalization and World Cities Research Network has designated Calgary as a global city. It was also was voted third in quality of life among North American cities by American Cities of the Future.
Five things you probably didn’t know about Calgary:
- A youthful city, the average age of the population is only 35.7 years old
- There is no provincial sales tax in Calgary so you will only have to pay 5% tax on goods and services
- Downtown Calgary's Plus-15 system is North America's largest indoor network of walk-ways, essential for the cold winters
- Calgary's geographical footprint is the same size as New York City but only has about 10% of the population
- The sun shines an average of 2,300 hours every year, making Calgary the sunniest major city Canada